The very next morning we headed out on our long-anticipated family vacation. We were so lucky that Andy was able to have so much time off this Summer. We desperately needed to make up for the last 2 years! For the first week we took the kids to Myrtle Beach. I can not express enough how much fun we had! We stayed at the Landmark Hotel and Resort, and it was beyond amazing! Our room had a very nice view!
AMAZING!!!
We had so much fun, the kids had never seen the ocean before and I think they were completely shocked at its size! We played on the beach, went to the aquarium and an amusement park, walked out on a pier (a first for Andy too!), ate lots of yummy food (with Pirates even!) and swam to our hearts content! Thank goodness for modern technology too, at night while everyone else was sleeping I was able to write 3 papers right from the comfort of my own bed-away-from-home! It was a fantastic way to start our vacation! Pics coming at ya...... NOW:
Looking down from our balcony was a great view of the lazy river! (one of them)
Shelbie's face! she looks thrilled! hahaha
First dip in the ocean:
Van likes mommy's glasses!
The Pier:
look what we caught! (no, not really....)
The amusement park:
Our kids are NUTS for roller coasters!
The Aquarium:
We even got to meet mermaids!
what nightmares are made of.... back up Mr Shark!!!
I just love these crazies!
Andy and the kids caused a feeding frenzy off the boardwalk. ew, carp!
Love me some Joe's!
It was a fantastic way to start off our vacation!!! We left Myrtle Beach on Wednesday morning and headed home. We decided to make a stop-over at our house to do some laundry and re-pack for Part 2!!!! Oh, check out these awesome pics I took on our way home! I call them "Somewhere, South Carolina" ! I am in love with the South!
Doesn't that place look other-worldly? I am so glad my hubby indulged me and pulled over while I dashed across the highway (in the rain!) like a crazy woman to snap these. I just could not resist!!! Next up, Part Deux!
1 comment:
Totally awesome pics! :D You guys are such a cute couple and have such an adorable family! :)
Post a Comment