Sunday, September 25, 2011

Spring Break, 2011

For Easter this year we had an egg hunt with three other families from the neighborhood.  It was a lot of fun!  Being from Utah, we aren't used to being HOT on Easter, but hey, I'm not complaining!!!

Dyin' some eggs!

Van was really into it!

Happy Easter, cuties!!

Most of the hunting crew.  All three of the little ones refused to be in the pic!  (lol)

Look mom!

Pretty girl!

Big boy!

Not all of us were thrilled with the heat....

Since the kids got so much time off school and Andy was spending every waking moment either at school or studying, we decided to take a trip to visit my mom in MD the week after Easter.  I'm so glad we did!  We had so much fun!  We went to DC, Gettysburg, and Hershey, PA while we were there.  Here is a recap in pics:

Van loved the singing cows in the Hershey tour

Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Capitol building.  great view!

I love this pic!!!  Marine Memorial, Washington Memorial

Mark and Owen in the American History Museum

Me and my crew at the site of Lincoln's "Gettysburg Address"

Shelbie with Honest Abe

We got to see some soldiers in Gettysburg!

We got this AMAZING tin-type made of us while in Gettysburg!  The man who took it is one of only three in the world who knows how to do this old-fashioned photography.  The bonus?  The same lens that took our pic has also photographed famous people like Jefferson Davis!  I was seriously impressed by how still the kids sat for this!

It was a great trip, and I fell in LOVE with Virginia, Maryland, and DC!

1 comment:

Liz said...

You and your family are having some great adventures!