Monday, October 5, 2009
Oct 5th. A letter!!!!! TWO letters!!!
So, as the title implies, I received not one but two letters from Andy today! (well, technically one was for me and one was for the kids!) He is doing really well. It is much, much harder than I think he anticipated, but in his letter he specifically said: "most of us knew what we were getting into when we enlisted. The Army only wants soldiers that are mentally tough enough to deal with the stressful situations they put us in. It's only 9 weeks of my life!" So as you can see his attitude is great and he knows it is just a temporary situation. The Drill Sargent's really put it to them. Apparently he was assigned to the toughest battalion but he said to me that he's glad because his Unit has become very close because of it and he has confidence that if he ever did have to go to war (God Forbid!) the guys he is with now would know what they were doing. So that's good, I guess! The great news is he's almost on to week 2, which means one more to check off my calendar!!! I can't wait to see him at his graduation!!!!! Well, as always, I will update more as I know more!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I'm sure it did your heart good to get that letter! Im so glad that he's so strong, that makes it a little less stressful for you waiting for him at home!
Post a Comment