Ok, so I feel really terrible about my bad attitude on Monday! On Tuesday, I had FOUR letters waiting for me in my mailbox!!!! YAY!!!! The only thing that's got me down now is that as of Friday, Andy hasn't received a single ONE of mine!!! Now I'm freaking out! Do I have his address wrong? So imagine how he feels, isolated from his family and friends, and thinking that his wife is not writing to him! If I felt that crappy on Monday after only 3 days of no letters, well I bet he feels pretty bad!!! I'm just really hoping at least one has shown up by now. There's nothing else I can do, so I just keep writing and sending every single day!!! Cross your fingers for me he is getting them by now!!!!!
In news, let's see. They were issued their weapons and a bunch of gear, including a gas mask to use in an actual gas chamber. No, I am not making this up! Apparently they have to remove them in the chamber too. Crazy!!!! They have taken a ton of classes, including buddy aid, which is a basic first aid course so they all will know how to take care of each other out in the field. That's a relief!!! Andy is having some trouble with his battle buddy, though. Apparently out of 59 guys, the guy he has to be within 5 feet of at all times is a head case. He has been trying to get sent home since the second day of reception and I was told last Monday (the 5th) that he was receiving a discharge for misconduct, but as of Friday (the 9th) he was still there and was having to do Psychiatric evaluations, which means Andy has to go with him because they are not allowed to let each other out of sight! Poor Andy! He really just shouldn't have to deal with that right now! So I am hoping and praying that this guy will get sent home before he does something drastic to where they have no choice (like hurt someone! He really does sound that unstable!). More news on that later! As of now, Andy is keeping a great attitude and is pressing forward! He is now on Week 3 which is the last week of Phase 1 so he's doing great!!!!!
We, the family, are hanging in there too! I took my first Language Arts Final yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I did a great job!!!! I also got my military ID and finished up our enrollment in the healthcare and dental programs. It feels good to have all that taken care of!!! The people at the National Guard Headquarters were really great to work with!!! I also took the kids to the pumpkin patch on Monday, and on Friday we are going to carve some punkins! Wish me luck, it may take me until Christmas to get them all done, LOL!!!!! Other than that, we are just having fun marking the days off the calendar and gearing up for Halloween!!!!!
1 comment:
Stinking mail! I hate it when that happens. Hopefully he has gotten all your letters and he has another buddy. :-)
Post a Comment