Wednesday, September 9, 2009

School days!






Back to school time!!! Shelbie started second grade on the 26th of August! She was so excited to go back and see all of her friends after our crazy Summer of traveling all over! Owen started first grade the next day. He was so cute, asking his sister all about what you do in first grade and such. After we picked them up on his first day, the very first thing he said was "holy cow I LOVE first grade!" Whew. That's a bullet dodged! (for those that don't know, Shelbie HATED first grade! she and her teacher didn't mesh well, and Owen got the same teacher so I was anxiously awaiting how it would go!) So that brings us up to September 1st, which was MY first day back to school! Yep, I be in college now! (again!) So far I am loving every minute of it! I am already almost done with my first class! My goal is to finish in 3/4 time! We'll see how it goes, but so far I am right on track! Now today, the 9th of September, is Drew's first day of preschool!!! Such a big boy! He was up at 7 am with the other kids and has been ready to go since they left for school! He is having "Teddy Bear Day" at school so he gets to take his favorite animal to school with him. Of course he chose Hunter, his bear with the Army sweatshirt. Absolutely EVERYTHING is Army with that kid! I heard him tell his daddy yesterday: "daddy, you are a hero because you are in the Army". AWWW!!!! makes your heart melt when they say stuff like that! So, here's to a great school year!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, Shelby is your twin!!! It's been way too long. She looks so much older. You, Me, play date asap!

Lac said...

They look like Josh to me! I can't get over it. And that little Owen even has Josh's mannerisms, makes me all blushed just thinking about JH! I'm such a dork.