Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Fun!
















This year the kids had the day of Halloween off from school, so we spent some time watching "Goosebumps" movies during the day to get into the spooky spirit! They are pretty cheesy movies, but pretty age appropriate and the kids loved them and did not have nightmares, so I consider that a success!!! For dinner I made "mummy hotdogs" (complete with eyes, even!) and "jack-o-lantern pizzas". They honestly couldn't have cared less! At that point they just wanted to go out, lol! So into their costumes they went and we were off! This year we went out with two other families in our neighborhood, and even though it started raining the minute we got out, fun was had by all! One house in our neighborhood had an awesome "haunted house" you had to walk through to get to the door! Gotta admit, one of the "props" jumped at me at the last second and I totally screamed like a girl!!! Sadly, the awesome pirates from last year were nowhere to be found and by the time we got the kids home they were dragging!!! They even skipped a few houses on the way! So we got home and into jammies and capped the night off with more cheesy Goosebumps! Here are some pics of my darling witch, my dapper Vampire, my camera-shy Batman, and of course "SuperVan"! Sorry about the quality of the pics, this new camera phone is not so great in that area!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Cute costumes! Sarah wasn't that big into trick-or-treating either. I wanted more chocolate, but I guess I can't force her. :-)

You make great looking kids!

We can do hard things! said...

Too cute! We really missed you guys at the party. We had a blast again this year. I hope you will do your lip sync next year, cuz I am dying to know what it was! :)

Lac said...

All of the kids look so cute in their costumes! You're good at face painting! I'm impressed!